OUR MISSION STATEMENT
True North Church exists to give the residents of Milton and Halton Region the best opportunity to become fully developing followers of Jesus Christ.
We aim to do this by:
- Inviting them into an intimate relationship with God through Jesus Christ,
- Connecting them in healthy relationships with other Christians,
- Guiding them towards an authentic commitment to God,
- Involving them in life-changing ministry and mission in our city, our region, and the world that they may
- Honor God completely.
OUR VISION STATEMENT
Then the Lord said to me, “Write my answer plainly on tablets, so that a runner can carry the correct message to others. This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed." (Habakkuk 2:2-3)
As a congregation, we are believing and praying for God to do big things through us for His glory. We already see it with eyes of faith. We have a big vision for the future because we serve a big God with a big heart for the people of Milton and beyond!
Here is the church we see:
- We see our church as a Biblically-balanced, spiritually-thriving, numerically-growing, and financially-prosperous church that has a significant impact on the community of Milton and surrounding areas.
- We see our church being a positive voice to the current generations with a consistent emphasis on functional families, healthy relationships, and an authentic relationship with God.
- We see our church reaching many unchurched people for Christ while also challenging and enriching many believers through the love of God, the Word of God, and the power of the Holy Spirit.
- We see our church developing men and women of all ages and walks of life into godly leaders who find expression of the gifts God has placed within them and who find lasting fulfillment in God's purposes for their lives.
- We see our church increasing its regional influence into surrounding cities, towns, rural communities and homes by offering small groups, multi-site gatherings, hosting conferences, and planting new churches.
- We see our church making an impact on the world by supporting global missions and missionaries who are preaching the Gospel of Jesus Christ all over the world.
OUR CORE VALUES
Every church has a culture and philosophy of ministry; a set of core values that determines how it's members relate to each other and the community around it. These core values are the non-negotiables of ministry that we work hard to sustain and unify behind.
We value the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
"There is no substitute for The Substitute."
We value people.
"People matter to God."
We value the teaching and application of Scripture.
"Teaching changes lives and strengthens faith."
We value spiritual growth and character growth.
"Growth is a process and a lifestyle, not a one-time event."
We value loving relationships.
"Positive relationships build positive lives."
We value service.
"Teamwork makes the dream work."
We value excellence.
"Excellence honors God and inspires people."
We value the community around us.
"We can make Jesus famous in our city."
We value relevance and creativity.
"We have changing methods but an unchanging Message."